Make New Friends and Make a Difference
Our volunteer program gives you the tools and information you need to get as involved as you want while working flexibly with your busy schedule. Volunteer options are described in more detail in the links below. Please explore your options and sign up to volunteer with us. After receiving your application, a volunteer coordinator will contact you to schedule a volunteer orientation/training session.
Please click here to sign up to volunteer with the animals at Red Door!
- Administrative Assistant
- Cat/Rabbit Caretaking
- Cat/Rabbit Grooming
- Cat/Rabbit Socialization
- Fundraising/Grant Writing
- Shelter Ambassador
- Special Events Volunteer
- Animal Photo Shoots
- Transport Animals or Donations
- Volunteer Veterinarian/Vet Tech-Medical Exams
Volunteers under age 18
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate underage volunteers at the shelter to work directly with the animals.
There are, however, a number of ways that kids can get involved to help support the animals at Red Door:
- Bake Sale/Lemonade Stand: Hold a bake sale and donate the proceeds to Red Door.
- Collect Wish List Items: Collect donation items from our wish list from kids and parents at your school.
- Make Flyers: Draw up some handmade flyers for our events or awareness campaigns and post them around your school and neighborhood.
- Distribute Flyers: Distribute our flyers for our events and campaigns around your school and neighborhood.
- Collect Pet Food Donations: Collect cat and dog food to donate to our CAFÉ Program.
- Make Toys: Make homemade cat or rabbit toys. Rabbit toys can be filled with timothy hay, orchard grass, or Oxbow brand treats only. Cat treats can include Temptations or Greenies. Some ideas: