Time Periods When Assistance is Needed
- Daily 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Assist with creating and maintaining shelter files and records
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Keep shelter animal info boards and cage cards updated
- Stuff and stamp envelopes
- Must be able to read, write and have clear communication skills.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be able to accurately and efficiently work with limited supervision.
- Must be familiar and stay familiar with shelter policies, guidelines, and contacts.
All administrative assistants must first attend the volunteer orientation and complete an observation/training session with a senior volunteer, board member, or staff member to learn more about the shelter's administrative operations.
Administrative assistant volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of two 2-3 hour shifts per month, though they are welcome to volunteer more as they want. Volunteers helping in this area are asked to give one month’s prior notice if they no longer wish to help as an administrative assistant.
Please click here to sign up to volunteer with the animals at Red Door!