Time Periods When Assistance is Needed
- One ambassador is needed during the shelter's weekend hours.
- Ambassadors are asked to contribute a minimum of 4 hours per month. However, this can be divided into two, 2 hour shifts.
- Assist members of the public as they enter the shelter, give them a shelter tour, assist them in visiting animal adoption rooms, or direct to a staff member for assistance as appropriate.
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Assist shelter staff with collecting paperwork from shelter visitors as necessary.
- Must be able to provide friendly, knowledgeable customer service and answer questions in a professional manner, deferring to staff if the correct answer isn't clear or if guidance is needed.
- Other related assistance, as directed by Red Door staff.
Special Capabilities Needed
- Must be able to read, write and have clear communication skills.
- Must be able to provide friendly customer service and accurate information to shelter visitors, and have a familiarity with the information provided by the shelter.
- Must be familiar and stay familiar with shelter policies, guidelines, and contacts.
All volunteers who help with greeting must first attend the volunteer orientation and complete two, 2 hour observation/training sessions with a senior volunteer, board member, or staff member.
Volunteers who help with greeting are asked to commit to working two 2 to 4 hour sessions per month for a minimum of six months, though they are welcome to stay as long as they want. Volunteers helping in this area are asked to give two weeks prior notice if they no longer wish to help with greeting visitors to the shelter.
Please click here to sign up to volunteer with the animals at Red Door!