Time Periods When Assistance is Needed
- Weekly on Wednesday evenings or Sundays
- Take photos of new adoptable cats and rabbits as directed and upload usable photos to the shelter's Flickr page
- Assist the shelter's volunteer professional photographer with taking photos of adoptable animals and/or special events
- Create short videos for use on animal's adoption profiles showcasing their personalities
- Create short videos about the shelter to use in adoption, donation, & volunteer promotion
Special Capabilities Needed
- Must be able to learn and use safe animal handling practices when interacting with the animals.
- Must own and be able to operate a digital camera or video camera and photo-editing software
All volunteers must attend the volunteer orientation and an animal safe handling training session.
Photography assistants should commit to a regular, 2 hour shift a minimum of once a month, though they are welcome to stay as long as they want.
Please click here to sign up to volunteer with the animals at Red Door!