Outreach & Special Events Volunteer
Time Periods When Assistance is Needed
- Monthly off-site rabbit adoption events
- Varies per event - generally Saturdays and Sundays. Events can last from 2-8 hours in length.
- Help create, organize, and promote fundraising events
- Help the events team gather supplies and animals going to adoption events
- Help load up animals and supplies day of event
- Man informational and/or activity booths at special events
- Knowledge of the shelter's policies and adoption process to be able to accurately answer questions
- Other related assistance
Special Capabilities Needed
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly.
- Must be able to explain the shelter's processes, discuss the work of Red Door and animal welfare in general
All volunteers must attend the volunteer orientation prior to participating in any special events.
Volunteers should commit to working a minimum of one event every 4 months; however, they are welcome to work as many events as long as they want.
Please click here to sign up to volunteer with the animals at Red Door!